Sexually Transmitted Disease Office
2013 STD Awareness Month Activities
2 Peachtree St. NW, 13th Floor
For a snapshot of the STD Program click
Atlanta, GA 30303
We envision healthy Georgia communities free of Sexually Transmitted Infections.
We believe in
- Open, honest and respectful communication among the Georgia Department of Human Resources Divisions, health districts, community partners, and our diverse clients
- Accountability for maximizing job performance according to Process Performance Standards, to best serve our internal and external constituents
- Shared responsibility and active participation in maximizing disease intervention opportunities
- A mutual commitment to increase awareness, enhance services, and significantly reduce STDs in the State of Georgia.
To provide technical assistance and programmatic support to the Public Health Districts and Community Based Organizations to prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections ensuring the availability of quality prevention, intervention, and treatment.
The STD Section works to reduce morbidity associated with sexually transmitted
disease in Georgia by preventing STDs and their complications in both the public
and private sectors through:
- Coordinated, comprehensive statewide STD prevention
- Statewide STD screening
- Effective surveillance of sexually transmitted diseases through
- Monitoring and Evaluation Services